A screenshot of sogoodbadugly.com captures a snapshot of where I am now poised: on the brink of the beginning! Truly, this site isn’t nearly close to completion/selection of plugins (still searching for that WordPress bar navi-frame), but its look and content have been more finely tuned to my initial vision. True, I initially planned for more posts than I currently have, as well as to have mass-emailed within my circle, but that will still happen (hopefully this week). Plus, I have not yet integrated my twitter feed… though I have installed a plugin on the admin side to publish shortlinks to my blog posts into my twitter feed (blog pushing to Twitter, not the other way around…for now).
If this is the end of COM 495 but the beginning of the life of sogoodbadugly.com, let’s look at some future plans:
- Publicity blitz, as mentioned above. Facilitated too through other SNS apps, Tweet This plugin, etc.
- Themed posts, such as “I Remember That” (chronicling Good, Bad, or Ugly trends, movies, etc from the past) and “Fashion Friday.” Also, “My Good City” posts could feature stuff to do in Seattle and around the country, possibly generating a local/loyal crew of followers
- More contributors! Invite friends to become authors
- Altering several current plugins, like Disqus (not quite where I want it to be)
- Investigate how to get that little green check mark by my site’s name when it is listed in a search…computers with Norton or other online security programs won’t be sure that they can trust sogoodbadugly’s content
- Comment on friends’ and classmates’ blogs, keeping the dialogue going
- Consider new methods for finding imagery, such as my photographer acquaintance or generating my own digital pics
- Getting a web cam; personal posts could help brand my blog, as suggested by problogger
This process has taken unexpected turns (read: MySQL), but I feel more capable and competent in this digital world we are now in. In fact, I believe I have the chops to throw a few tips at some of my independently blogging friends (read: copyright infringement). Now how about that!
Hoping to see you online again,